Friday, September 01, 2006

Falling like a leaf...(Learning snowboarding in Argentina)





I went on the snowboard for the first time about 3 days ago (in Las Lenas, a world class ski resort).. for only half a day.. just trying it out by myself and also with a bit of help from the guy I rented the board from. But he didnĀ“t speak any English and my Spanish is pretty hopeless so I spent most of the time watching people and bumping into them when I do get on the board.

Today I got on the board for the second time and had my first lesson on the slope of Cerro Chapelco.. again it was beautiful scenery.. but less crowded. From the ski field you can see a huge lake on the bottom of the slope.. it was quite spectacular! My instructor could speak English quite well, and it helped immensely knowing where to put your weight and the correct posture, and having someone to hold on to when doing the complicated moves.

I am exhausted afterwards, but will be go again tomorrow.. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Susan said...

says someone who's about to start a new life overseas! :) I should be the jealouse one..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home