Thursday, September 07, 2006

Adventures in the Lake District...



.
I was lucky to have a few days to spend in the beautiful Lake District in Argentina, (San Martin de Los Andes, Bariloche, and El Bolson) where the snowcapped mountains, glacial lakes, tree-lined streets and cottage houses kind of paints a picture of how I imagine Switzerland to be, though I´ve never been there.

Such amazing scenery also lures many adrenaline junkies, and the places offer as many adventure activities you can think of... skiing, snowboarding, rafting, canoeing, horseriding, canopy, abseiling, paragliding, sky diving, sailing, trekking and cruising.. supplemented by an abundance of nightlife in the evening.

Two of the highlights for me in Bariloche was horseriding through a snow capped mountain (Cerro Otto), where we rode through knee-deep snow to reach the lookout (Mirador) high up on the mountain, while I was a little anxious about not being able to control my horse... (the guide was telling the horse to trod(?) ie. do little runs, while I was holding the rein telling it to slow down..).. the other was watching seaguils diving and swerving behind our cruise ship to Victoria Island, and snatching bread out of our hands! I´ve never seen them flying so close, so low, and feeding them like that was an extrodinary experience... too bad my camera couldn´t quite capture it!


.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home